Congratulations. Choosing to get addiction treatment is probably one of the best decisions you could have ever made.
Now it’s time to prepare for your stay. You must be wondering: “What should I take with me into rehab?
This is something that is often looked past, as your thoughts may probably be invaded by wondering if treatment will work or worrying about what happens in rehab.
Continue reading below and we’ll tell you what things to pack before getting addiction treatment.
Below are a five necessary items that anyone entering an addiction rehabilitation centre should take with them:
- Comfy Clothes: Feeling comfortable in rehab plays a big part in whether treatment will be successful or not. Wearing clothing that the individual likes can also have a calming effect on them.
- Basic Toiletries: Don’t forget to pack in your toothbrushes, deodorants, soap etc as some rehab centres do not provide these things. Better safe than sorry right?
- Something to Read: It’s important that recovering addicts are keep their minds busy in treatment and recovery and reading is a good tool to use.
- Training Clothes: Some centres include exercise in their treatment programs, so it’s best to be prepared for this. Make sure to include a tracksuit.
- A Positive Mindset: This is probably one of the most important things to take with into rehab, as any negativity could hamper your chances of achieving recovery. Feeling negative wastes energy, energy which could’ve been used on beating the addiction instead.
How Long Will I Remain In Treatment?
Well, this is entirely dependent on the nature and severity of the addiction suffered. Those who have more serious symptoms will be required to remain in treatment for longer than those who show mild symptoms.
However, there is a minimum of at least 30 days that patients have to remain in treatment and it may even last for 90 days.
Because we are all different, even if two people abuse the same drug, their addiction symptoms will differ. That’s why it’s important for all treatment programs to be customised according to the needs of each patient. Make sure the rehab you attend does this for you.
Call us now and let one of our qualified addiction counsellors assist in finding the best treatment available for you or your loved one.We provide access to the best private addiction rehabilitation centres all over South Africa, the United Kingdom and Thailand.